Bruce has represented many trade union members before professional disciplinary panels such as the NMC and the HCPC. He has knowledge of the standards of practise for a wide variety of professionals in healthcare and education including midwives, physiotherapists, teachers, social workers, podiatrists and art therapists.
- Birtenshaw v Oldfield (2019) succeeded in a claim for disability discrimination pursuant to s.15 of the Equality Act 2010 in Manchester Employment Tribunal when a prospective employer withdrew a job offer to a disabled applicant as a consequence of her disability. Case Report.
- Kaley Sweetman v Fordent Properties Limited (2017) - Successful whistleblowing claim for care worker sacked for reporting the home to Care Quality Commission. Press Coverage.
- Akinola v Kids Company (2016) - Information and consultation claim arising out of the liquidation of Kids Co - the charity which was in the news in 2015 when the government cancelled a grant for £3M.
- Chadderton v GMW & Arch Initiatives (2015) - Represented 7 Claimants at an ET hearing application of TUPE to a service provision change when an NHS Trust transferred activities to a charity. Case resulted in an appeal to EAT reported as Arch Initiatives v Greater Manchester West Mental Health Foundation Trust & others at (2016) ICR 607. Case Report
- Lindop and Houldin (2015) - Disability discrimination ET claim and a five figure sum awarded for Trade union discrimination and victimisation
- Walker v West Cumbria Care and Support [2015} ET 2406340/2015 reported by the MOJ. Case Report
- Legge v Prestige Homecare Ltd.  ET/2401324/14 reported in Practical Law - successfully secured reimbursement of issue fee paid by a trade union. Case Report
- Network Rail v Mockler  All ER (D) 203 - successfully represented Respondent to appeal against unfair dismissal dealing with range of reasonable responses test and contributory fault. Case Report
- Lawrence v Prison Service  IRLR 468 - successfully represented Appellant in appeal to EAT on statutory grievance procedure in discrimination dismissals. Case Report
ELA (Employment Lawyers Association)