Mental Health & Court of Protection
Stephen acts for mental health patients, not only in relation to issues of compulsory treatment in mental health review tribunal proceedings, but also in matters that involve a criminal defence angle.
- R v Smith : Successful defence against allegation of large-scale cultivation of cannabis
- R v Rasid & Others : Successful defence against allegation of supply of large amounts of cocaine and heroin
- R v Darbyshire : Successful defence against allegations of serious assault
- R v Patel : Successful defence in POCA proceedings. Reduced proceeds confiscated by a very substantial amount
- R v Schiavo : Successful defence in POCA proceedings. Reduced proceeds confiscated by a very substantial amount.
- R v Roache : Stalking case. Appealed sentence and achieved significant reduction.
- Human Rights Lawyers Association
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers Association