Immigration, Asylum & Nationality
Stephen joined Kenworthy's Chambers after two years as an advocate for Refugee and Migrant Justice (formerly the Refugee Legal Centre) and also the IAS. Stephen represents asylum seekers and migrants in all tiers of the Immigration Tribunal.
He has an interest in Human Rights Law, as is manifest from his Masters Degree and his genuine passion for human rights law running through immigration, asylum, criminal and prison law.
- R v Smith : Successful defence against allegation of large-scale cultivation of cannabis
- R v Rasid & Others : Successful defence against allegation of supply of large amounts of cocaine and heroin
- R v Darbyshire : Successful defence against allegations of serious assault
- R v Patel : Successful defence in POCA proceedings. Reduced proceeds confiscated by a very substantial amount
- R v Schiavo : Successful defence in POCA proceedings. Reduced proceeds confiscated by a very substantial amount.
- R v Roache : Stalking case. Appealed sentence and achieved significant reduction.
- Human Rights Lawyers Association
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers Association