The housing and commercial property team deal with all aspects of landlord & tenant law
· rent arrears
· possession (both rented and mortgaged homes)
· housing benefit, council tax and social security appeals
· anti-social behaviour
· unlawful eviction
· service charges
· homelessness - review, appeals and judicial review
· allocation of social housing
· young people, tenancies trusts and benefits
We have wide experience of judicial review matters and dealing with Human Rights, Equality and Public Law aspects that frequently arise. We can also advise on the drafting of leases, licences and contractual documentation.
Housing Law cases can often also raise aspects of trusts, immigration and asylum support, family law, welfare benefits, disability, community care and local government law. As part of a multi-disciplinary set we are well placed to advise on these other issues related to housing. Thanks to our friendly team-based approach, we regularly call upon the experience of our colleagues in Chambers who specialise in these areas.