John accepts Criminal Law instructions on a Direct Access basis for appropriate cases. Please refer to the below pricing range for their services; this is subject to case type, complexity and seniority or experience of the barrister. Accurate quotes will be provided prior to commencement of the work involved.
Advice & Preparation (Hourly Rate): £75 to £200 + VAT
Court Attendance (Day Rate): £300 to £1000 + VAT
Conferences (Hourly Rate): £100 to £125 + VAT
Advice & Preparation (Hourly Rate): £100 to £250 + VAT
Trial Attendance (Day 1): £1000 to £4000 (Additional days) £500 to £1500 + VAT
Conferences (Hourly Rate): £125 to £250 + VAT
Pre-Trial & Post-Trial hearings: £300 to £1000 + VAT
Court of Appeal & High Court
Advice & Preparation (Hourly Rate): £150 to 300 + VAT
Court Attendances (Day Rate): £1000 to £4000 + VAT
Conferences (Hourly Rate): £125 to 250 + VAT
*These price ranges are based on local courts; other courts will incur a travel charge.
Please contact our Senior Criminal Clerk, Paul ([email protected]) for further information.
• R v P&P (2020)- Successfully prosecuted a 4-day appeal at Minshull St in an Air Rage case involving two women assaulting an air steward. Press coverage from Magistrates.
• R v Smith (2019): Secured a 12-month suspended sentence for 18 months for his client who pled guilty to stealing almost £13,000 worth of IT equipment from Greater Manchester Police. Read more.
• R v B & ORS (2019) Defending in 4-week multi-handed rape trial at Manchester Crown Court, involving the sexual assault of girls in a care home.
• R v H (2018): Prosecuted Burglary of 100k stolen goods
• R v H (2016): Defended grandfather accused of sexual assault against grandchildren at Chester Crown Court
• R v A (2016): Defended Fraud and theft by postman. Chester Crown Court.
• R v T (2015): Defended allegation of sexual assault of a home owner by a contractor. Liverpool Crown Court