John has over a decade of experience practicing in Criminal Law; his practice now involves defending and prosecuting in Courts across the country, giving him an important perspective in knowing how to approach a case from both a defence and prosecution perspective.
Before being called to the Bar in 2015, John worked in private practice as a defence specialist; appearing in the Crown Court on a daily basis and has also appeared in the Royal Courts of Justice. John's experience as former Solicitor has highlighted the importance of client care, proving to be extremely approachable from a client perspective.
• R v Smith (2019): Secured a 12-month suspended sentence for 18 months for his client who pled guilty to stealing almost £13,000 worth of IT equipment from Greater Manchester Police. Read more.
• R v B & ORS (2019) Defending in 4-week multi-handed rape trial at Manchester Crown Court, involving the sexual assault of girls in a care home.
• R v H (2018): Prosecuted Burglary of 100k stolen goods
• R v H (2016): Defended grandfather accused of sexual assault against grandchildren at Chester Crown Court
• R v A (2016): Defended Fraud and theft by postman. Chester Crown Court.
• R v T (2015): Defended allegation of sexual assault of a home owner by a contractor. Liverpool Crown Court
"I have had the pleasure of working with John for a number of years now, both in matters where he was instructed to act on our behalf, and as a worthy opponent in Court. He is knowledgeable, clear in his advice, and will leave no stone unturned when fighting for justice for his client. John always goes over and above what is required of him and never fails to offer assistance when asked to do so. I would not hesitate to instruct him or recommend him to others." - Laura Baumanis - Solicitor, Olliers Solicitors