John has an extensive history in accepting prison law instructions from solicitors for prisons across the country. He is experienced in representing life and IPP offenders in parole hearings, adjudications, applications for recategorization of a prisoner release and recall hearings following breach of licence condition.
• R v P&P (2020)- Successfully prosecuted a 4-day appeal at Minshull St in an Air Rage case involving two women assaulting an air steward. Press coverage from Magistrates.
• R v Smith (2019): Secured a 12-month suspended sentence for 18 months for his client who pled guilty to stealing almost £13,000 worth of IT equipment from Greater Manchester Police. Read more.
• R v B & ORS (2019) Defending in 4-week multi-handed rape trial at Manchester Crown Court, involving the sexual assault of girls in a care home.
• R v H (2018): Prosecuted Burglary of 100k stolen goods
• R v H (2016): Defended grandfather accused of sexual assault against grandchildren at Chester Crown Court
• R v A (2016): Defended Fraud and theft by postman. Chester Crown Court.
• R v T (2015): Defended allegation of sexual assault of a home owner by a contractor. Liverpool Crown Court