Top Ranked in Legal 500 2016-2021:
Shazia Khan is recommended as a Leading Individual in the Legal 500 for her immigration practice, described as a "top notch immigration barrister with an exceptional grasp of the law. Her advice is always of the very highest standard she is extremely popular with clients who feel reassured by her style. She excels in the appellate tribunal and her advocacy is always polite but forceful."
Top Ranked in Chambers & Partners 2012-2020:
Enjoys a fine reputation in the immigration law space, handling a broad range of matters including asylum and nationality law matters and cases with a human rights component. She has recently been involved in Country Guidance-related work.
Strengths: "She has an excellent mastery of immigration law and practice and is extremely able in formulating complex grounds of appeal for both the Upper Tier Tribunal and judicial review cases." "Consistently one of our first choices for all types of case, she's particularly good in complex matters like deportation cases and public law immigration challenges. She always wants the best for clients." "She's very incisive. She has great clarity and this sort of deeply forensic approach to cases. She can rapidly assimilate all the issues and facts."
Shazia is fluent in Urdu, Punjabi and popular Hindi and can conduct legal interviews in these languages.
"...primarily your massive hard work! Thank you so much. You have been amazing as always on this. If you hadn't been brave enough to try that return to the Court of Appeal after the first permission hearing we never would have got here. Even the CA people didn't really know how to deal with that! "A" thinks you are wonderful too and is really grateful for everything you have done." - Carita Thomas, Solicitor, Howells Solicitors
Hide Full Profile
- Adetola, R (on the Application of) v First Tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) & Anor  EWHC 3197 (Admin) : Immigration. Ms Shazia Khan instructed by Immigration Advisory Service for the Claimant. (http://bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2010/3197.html
- TE (Eritrea) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 174 : Immigration. Reported case: TE v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 811 (14 July 2011)
- R (on the Application of) Samandari v Secretary of State for the Home Department  All ER (D) 122 (May) : Immigration
- Mukarkar v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 1182 : Court of Appeal case. Immigration. CA case on Article 8.
- SO and SO (Khad - members & family) Afghanistan CG  UKAIT 00003 : Immigration
- AS (Kirundi/Buyenzi - "country expert" evidence) Burundi  UKAIT 00172 : Immigration
- Marara (Innocent) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWCA Civ 1017 : Court of Appeal case. Immigration. Permission application on fresh evidence.
- Mukasa (Alex) v Secretary of State for the Home Department  EWHC 111 : Immigration. Judicial Review application on the Dublin Convention and Article 8.
Professional Memberships & Publications