Sarah joined chambers in December 2016 on a 12-month Common Law pupillage supervised by Sara Haque. Sarah accepts instructions in all areas of criminal, family and mental health law. She also has experience in regulatory matters including licensing and Prison Law, often representing clients in Parole hearings.
Before starting pupillage, Sarah worked for the General Medical Council in the legal team within the Fitness to Practise Directorate, gaining experience in healthcare regulatory matters.
- LLB (Hons) - First Class (Manchester Metropolitan University)
Top Performing LLB Student Award, MMU (Highest overall degree score in the cohort)
- BPTC - Outstanding (Manchester Metropolitan University)
Top student called to the Bar, Michaelmas Call, Lincoln's Inn.
Scholarships and Awards:
- Buchanan Prize, Lincoln's Inn (Award for achieving the grade of Outstanding on the BPTC)
- Cholmeley Pupillage Scholarship, Lincoln's Inn
- Mary MacMurray Major BPTC Scholarship, Lincoln's Inn
- Hardwicke Entrance Scholarship, Lincoln's Inn
- Manchester Law School BPTC Scholarship, MMU
- BPTC Top Advocate Award, MMU (Highest score in all 3 advocacy modules in the cohort)
- Oxford University Press Law Prize, 2014
- Regional Winner 2016, Client Interviewing Competition
- Winner 2014, Blackstone's National Criminal Advocacy Competition
Memberships & Publications:
- Criminal Bar Association
- Family Law Bar Association
- Association of Regulatory and Disciplinary Lawyers
- Young Legal Aid Lawyers
Sarah contributed to the advocacy and mooting chapters in the last two editions of Legal Systems and Skills (Oxford University Press 2015 and 2017).
- Associate Lecturer, Manchester Metropolitan University, School of Law
"We would like to make you aware how pleased we were with Counsel in respect of both hearings and the prompt updates. We look forward to working with your chambers and Ms Cook again in the near future." - Partner, Drake & Case
Interests outside the law:
Sarah enjoys travel and undertook a tour of China prior to commencing Pupillage. She has a personal interest in special needs education provision and supports a number of autism charities.
Hide Full Profile
Professional Memberships & Publications