Top Ranked in Legal 500 2019:
Patrick Williamson is recommended in the Legal 500 for his Crime practice, ‘Prosecutes and defends across a panoply of criminal matters.'
Patrick Williamson maintains a varied practice, working for both prosecuting authorities and defence solicitors. His wide experience has benefited clients through a balanced approach to cases and an ability to advise with accuracy.
- Dangerous Offenders: Lecture covering indeterminate sentencing under the 2003 Act and previous legislation.
- Criminal Law Update: General Criminal Law Round-UP
Hide Full Profile
- R v Jarratt  - Press Coverage
- R v Sykes (2015) Senior prison officer acquitted of assault
- R v Lomas  EWCA Crim 1792, Exclusion Orders under Licensed Premises (Exclusion of Certain Persons) Act 1980
- R v Sullivan : Successful defence of a school teacher accused of sexual assault
- R v Hughes : Successful defence of Prison Officer accused of assaulting a prisoner at a Young Offenders Institution
- R v Sundar-Raj : Successful defence of a Nurse accused of misuse of Class A drugs in the course of her employment
- R v Doe : Successful mitigation on plea of young woman accused of assisting a murderer, avoiding imprisonment
- R v Tudge : Successful defence of protester, involving Article 10 Human Rights
- R v Oloidi : Successful defence of care assistant accused of assaulting service user
- R v Churchill : Successful defence of man accused of a number of sexual offences against a number of young girls
- R v Rafiq : Successful defence of young wife accused of importing heroin from Pakistan
- R v Ranahan : Large scale drugs conspiracy and firearms case
- R v Hope : Large scale prison riot case
Professional Memberships & Publications