John specialises in Criminal Law having qualified as a Solicitor in 2006 and obtained his Higher Rights to qualify as a Solicitor Advocate in 2010. Since leaving Private Practice and being called to the Bar in 2015; John has expanded his practice, defending and prosecuting in Crown Courts across the North of England, North Wales and Midlands
John regularly accepts instructions in Prison Law matters.
Interests Outside of the Law:
John is a keen marathon runner taking part in races throughout the UK and Europe.
"John has represented clients from our firm many times over the years and I am always impressed by the way in which he prepares his cases, being meticulous in the detail and extremely approachable from a client perspective. He defends without fear or favour and I'm aware from experience of being in court against him he's equally as effective when prosecuting." - Jared McNally, Clifford Johnston & Co
Hide Full Profile
• R v P&P (2020)- Successfully prosecuted a 4-day appeal at Minshull St in an Air Rage case involving two women assaulting an air steward. Press coverage from Magistrates.
• R v Smith (2019): Secured a 12-month suspended sentence for 18 months for his client who pled guilty to stealing almost £13,000 worth of IT equipment from Greater Manchester Police. Read more.
• R v B & ORS (2019) Defending in 4-week multi-handed rape trial at Manchester Crown Court, involving the sexual assault of girls in a care home.
• R v H (2018): Prosecuted Burglary of 100k stolen goods
• R v H (2016): Defended grandfather accused of sexual assault against grandchildren at Chester Crown Court
• R v A (2016): Defended Fraud and theft by postman. Chester Crown Court.
• R v T (2015): Defended allegation of sexual assault of a home owner by a contractor. Liverpool Crown Court
Professional Memberships & Publications